What is XWI?
The XWITM toolkit extends conventional FWI by:
- Reformulating the objective function to avert cycle skipping without low frequencies in the field data (AWITM)
- Applying regularization to the model update direction for incorporating geological constraints (ATV)
- Alternating between long-wavelength and short-wavelength model updates for deeper penetration (RWI)
Adaptive Waveform Inversion is a patented variation of the FWI objective function which enables global minimum convergence from distant initial models
Why use XWITM on the Cloud?
- Register for the S-Cube AWS SaaS cluster and access a managed compute environment built for full waveform inversion
- Upload your existing job directories directly to the cloud virtual cluster with a few commands
- View the computational load per shot and select the number of shots, number of shots per instance and number of iterations of your job
- Always deploy the latest installations of XWITM
- Monitor and QC the live job on a dashboard accessed via a URL
XWITM on the Cloud Example
- Number of shots (9 saillines): 5186
- Grid size: 25m
- Average runtime per shot (16 core instances): 0.15 hours
- Number of shots per iteration: 1037
- Number of shots per instance: 2
- Number of passes through the shots (epochs): 24
Try S-Cube Cloud with your Seismic Data
Zero-management cloud HPC platform built around Full Waveform Inversion computations.
Launch cloud-optimised XWITM clusters in minutes - no need for a supercomputer.